Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - SparklingBlue

Mulluane | Thursday, February 26, 2009 | 7 Comments so far


The Questions!

1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?

A tie between invincibility (so I could effectively be immortal) and teleportation (so I could go anywhere I wanted on my terms)
2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?

I would return to the 80's--TV and music were cooler back then.

3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?

Hmm...likely an amulet with superpowers (don't we all want superpowers?)

4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?

"Can you understand me?", followed by "Do you come in peace?"

5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?

I like both American and Japanese animation, so I'll pick one from each to be fair.

American cartoon wise, I've always liked Bugs Bunny because of his ability to think quickly under pressure and still remain calm.

Japanese cartoon wise, I have a soft spot for Takeshi/Brock from Pokemon (although /SatoshiAsh and Pikachu run a close second), I pick Takeshi/Brock because the things he does to impress a girl always makes me laugh.

6.) If you could have lunch with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Wow...I have quite a lot of choices here, but if I had to pick one, I'd want to eat with Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of Mario, Link, and many more Nintendo characters). I would ask him about the typical process of making a Mario or Zelda game from start to finish.
7.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?
I'd want to return as a phoenix, because I find them a beautiful symbol of rebirth.
8.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?

A survival guide, so I could learn what is safe to eat on the island, how to build a shelter, what creatures to look out for, how to defend myself, etc.

9.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?

I would see myself as a goddess of joy and hope--there's so much chaos around us these days, and I'd want to bless my people with the hope that they can survive.

10.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?

I'd be a mage, because I've always been fascinated with magic powers.



The Blog plug!

Tales of a Gemsinger

Tales of a Gemsinger is my personal writing blog for both writing practice and for the planning of my own original series, "The Gemsinger Chronicles" You'll be able to watch my world, Sekiya, grow and change as I daily offer insight into its people, its magic, and its most important legend--when the twelve gems that hold it together are ever in danger, the one that can wield them all will appear


Thanks to SparklingBlue for sharing her answers with us!



Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

7 comments :

  1. I used to be a total sucker for the teleportation ability - I read Jumper when it first came out and thought it was just brilliant. Awesome choice. (But the 80's? Really? Haven't they come back enough for you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenix is a beautiful bird and of course a strong symbol.
    My wife has a Phoenix tattoo.Looks great!

    I still have 38 unread entries from your blog in my google reader. Hope to find time to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Japanese cartoons too (the kid in me). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! You're showing the rest of us how this should be done, Mulluane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Phoenix too. I have a tattoo that is pretty basic and I just wish I could have gotten more creative with it because the bird is really beautiful in it's concept.

    And I think being a goddess of joy and hope is a wonderful idea! Very generous of you as well (=

    It was great to read your answers SparklingBlue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I knew this would be fun but it is exceeding my wildest expectations!

    And you guys and gals are making that happen, thanks to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!