Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - Edifanob

Mulluane | Thursday, March 05, 2009 | 8 Comments so far
Reader
The Bio!

I'm 49 young/old happily married guy and father of a 17 years old daughter. And we all three share our life with two crazy cats - a tomcat called Pablo and a she-cat called Lili. Please look at: http://legolasperlenuniversum.blogspot.com/search/label/Schmuser

Since 1991 I work as a programmer for the German subsidiary of a Japanese company. In the meantime I 'm member of the European IT of the company. So from time to time I visit other subsidiaries in order to work together with my European colleagues.

I like to read fantasy, sleuth, steampunk, mystery and also other if they are interesting...
But mostly I read fantasy and mystery.

Beside reading I like
- to visit medieval fairs and markets
- hear music (olides from the sixties, pagan-metal, gothic, and more)
- play games on PC, PS2, Wii)
But in the meantime there is not much time left for gaming........

My favourite town is London. 2007 my wife and I spent one week in London. We will go again for several days weeks in 2009.

I like to go shopping which is highly appreciated by my wife but not by my wallet.

In former times I was a shy boy and I was used to give one word answers: YES, NO, MAYBE. Nowadays I like to communicate. Some times I feel like a chatterbox.

In April 2008 I started to dive in the wonderful world of social networks and blogs.

In the meantime I’m member of Goodreads, Wonderlands, David Gemmell Legend Award and The Dragon Federation.

Beside this I read a lot of blogs on a regurlarly base.

So I’m fully stretched and I love it…….

Some of you maybe know me under my screen name ediFanob which has a deeper meaning:

When you read it backwards you get Bona Fide which means:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_faith

Ah, I forgot to mention: I'm a fan of quotes

QUOTES
"All we have is to decide what to do with the time that is given to us. "
— J.R.R. Tolkien (The Fellowship of the Ring)

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
— Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
— Arnold Lobel


The Questions!


1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?

At school I wanted to read the thoughts of my teacher :>) Later on it changed several times always depending on books, movies adntv series. Invisibility, telekinesis, fly, teleportation, shapeshifting. But I never wanted to be immortal. Nowadays I would like to have the ability to manipulate time. This is a very pratical wish. Means I hold on time before I start to read. So I could read all the books I want without losing time. And of course during sleep. So I finally can spend 24 hours a day without sleeping.

2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?

Travelling of course! But without changing anything. In former times I wanted to travel into future.

Nowadays I would like to travel to alternative worlds (is this possible with a time machine?) and into the past..

London is my favorite town. I would like to visit London in former times. I would like to be there at the days of Jack the Ripper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper); During the great stink in summer 1858 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stink) I also would like to visit the World's Fair Chicago 1893 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Columbian_Exposition);

One flight with aiship LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZ_127_Graf_Zeppelin)

Just one more: Tunguska event, 30th June 1908 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event)

And to be honest there are so many more. But this is a topic for an other blog post. Anyway I just want to gothere without any possibility to change something.


3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?

That was a headscratcher. Indiana Jones found a lot of interesting things and not to forget Annja Creed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Angel).

I will find a big black box made of unkown material. Nobody is able to open it. Nobody understands what it is made for. Finally the UN decides to remove the box from earth by using a rocket. On 20101020 the rocket lift off and two hours later we will get the answer of question 4.

4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?

You're late. Any problems with your UPS (Universal Positioning System)??

5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?

I'm afraid you talk about cartoons and not about graphic novels. In case of graphic novel my answer would as fast as an arrow: RORSCHACH from WATCHMEN. He is mysterious and follows his own way. I know he is sometimes violently but that is a part of his personality.

6.) If you could have lunch with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

First of all this depends on the food. I don't like to eat beings with more than four legs!!

It is also a question of language. I speak an average German and a reasonable mix of Britsh and American English. But I know to use my hands and feets plus some pantomimic capabilities.

After thinking a short while I found the person I would like to have lunch with: ADA LOVELACE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace) And you ask me why. Ok, she lived in London. So we would have a lunch in London. She worked together with Charles babbage. That means she worked with mechanical general-purpose computer. That reminds me at steampunk. And I'm a programmer.

7.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?
Again I have to decide because I have two favorite animals: WOLF and OWL. So I would like to be a shapeshifter. During day I would be a wolf and at night an owl.
8.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?

First thought: It should be my glasses because I'm heavily shortsighted. Second thought: My GOODREADS bookshelf which contains 1342 books. But how can I read them wihtout my glasses? Third and final thought: My wife!! I still love her after all these years. We always have much to talk about and she is nitty-gritty. And in this case I don't need my glasses :>))

9.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?

I would be the god of never finish games. I played so many games in my life (mostly jump & run, adventures, rpgs,) but as far as I remember I finished only one or two. I always play until I face the final enemy.
10.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?

I'm a man but I prefer female characters in books and games. I don't have a real explanation for this. I think it's mostly toescape all these rules in our „normal“ life. So I would like to be a female wood elf archer and my profession is assassin/thief. I'm not a worthy hero. I like to operate in the shadows and from distance.

WOOD ELF race description:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/races_woodelf.htm

The Blog plug!

I'm just an active reader. I don't have a blog.
Thanks to Edifanob for sharing his answers with us!



Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

8 comments :

  1. I spent years convinced I was going to turn into Aroree from Elfquest.. 'cause she was pretty, had silvery hair, and flew.

    Can I switch my answers, Mulluane?

    Great Interview, Edi! I wouldn't take books to the island though, what if they were all you had to burn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice interview, Mulluane & Michael :)
    I have too 5 or 6 games I didn't finish, but lately I play less and less of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! You definitely had me smiling (= I'd really love to visit London someday... and many other places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview! So, one question I have now (if you're willing to answer) is where are you and what is your native language? It sounds like you're in Germany, but you said you speak "average" German. Is there a "special" German too?

    And thank you VERY much for explaining the screen name. Now I get it. Maybe I should have explained mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoopdiLou, Dark Wolf, Mishel,
    thank you very much for all your comments.

    TK42ONE,
    I'm a native German.
    We have a lot of dialects in Germany.
    For example: when I travel to south Bavaria I don't understand people.
    Beside this we have like a lot of other countries a so called officialese.
    And finally we have daily used German - what I call "average" maybe common would be the better expression.
    I hope my explanation makes sense.

    Anyway, TK42ONE, I would appreciate to get the explanation of your screen name.

    Finally I wish all of you and Mulluane a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mulluane,

    thank you for posting my interview and for adding the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edi - Now it makes more sense. I guess me being one of those damn Yankees, I just assumed that everyone in Germany spoke the same German. Should have remembered all those history lessons that would have reminded me otherwise.

    As for my screen name, TK-42ONE is a spin on my original screen name from, gosh, about 10 years ago - TK-421. I just spelled out the last number. Anyway, TK-421 is the Stormtrooper on the Death Star that gets clunked on the head while searching the Millenium Falcon in the first Star Wars movie (A New Hope circa 1977).

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pleasure! So far it has been alot of fun :>)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!