Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - Tia Nevitt

Mulluane | Thursday, March 26, 2009 | 8 Comments so far
The Bio!

Nope, no bio this time. Tia wants to remain elusive and mysterious, it is one of the reasons why I like her so much!

The Questions!

1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?


The ability to fly, because it would be so cool. Without any cumbersome wings. It would have to be a psionic ability. Does that count as magical?
2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?


I wouldn't be able to resist a glimpse into the future to see how my daughter is doing and prepare accordingly. Once my worries were taken care of, I'd be off to the past to study ancient Mediterranean cultures up-close and personal. But first, I'd have to learn some Latin and some Greek. The ancient dialects.

(I loved John's answer about going to the dark ages and getting "all Connecticut Yankee on them.")
3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?

I think the Rosetta Stone was just about one of the most exciting discoveries ever. It is an Egyptian stone that had the same passage engraved on it hieroglyphic, demotic and Greek. At the time it was found, the Egyptian hieroglyphics were a lost language. Because of the passage in Greek, linguists were at last able to decipher the hieroglyphics.

I'd love to be involved in a discovery like that.
4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?


"How the heck did you get here?"

Seriously. The speed of light seems to be a celestial speed limit, and any efforts to "warp" space would involve improbable spacecraft. If there is intelligent life out there, we seem to be effectively quarantined from each other. They would have to send some sort of sleeper ship our way, and it would take decades to get here, if not hundreds of years.

Yeah, I'm a hard science fiction kind of girl, but I do enjoy space romps.
5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?


Bugs Bunny. He was good at everything, including singing opera and playing piano. Who wouldn't want to be multi-talented?
6.) If you could have lunch with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?


Mark Twain. I love all his books, so he'd have to be fascinating to listen to. I'd pick up some writing tips from him and then just let him talk.
7.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?


I'm kinda happy being a human. But being a bird of prey wouldn't be so bad.
8.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?


A knife. Sure, I'd like to bring some other things, but without a knife, I wouldn't be able to survive. Once I'd built my hut and got to the point where I'm surviving, I'd probably start missing some other things. Without any way to write, my memory would probably improve because it's been observed that people from illiterate cultures have fantastic memories. Once my memory skills are honed, I'd work on a memoir of my survival adventures. I'd call it The Real Survivor.

Hopefully, at some point, I'd be rescued. In that happy circumstance, I'd type out my memoir and add it to the stack of things I'm trying to get published.
9.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?


I wouldn't want to be a god, but I wouldn't mind being an elf. The Tolkien kind. Ageless but immortal, tall, slender without even trying, cool breezes constantly blowing through my hair, the appearance of walking in slow motion all the time while moving quickly, mystical magical powers, a language that sounds like silk rubbing together, a wicked-cool bow.

Plus, I'd be able to leave all the tough stuff to the humans and the hobbits. I'd just waft from place to place, strumming my lyre, dispensing wisdom and looking good.
10.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?


I really don't want to kill anyone, so I'd be a tournament knight. Why? All the cool armor. Plus, only nobles could be knights, so I'd be part of a privileged upper class.

The Blog plug!


Tia's blog brainchild is Fantasy Debut. All debut fantasy, all the time.

Thanks to Tia‏ for sharing her answers with us!



Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series

Note: This is the last one I have on tap so unless some of you decide to join in, this series is officially on hiatus!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

8 comments :

  1. LOL, great answers Tia and I agree about the Rosetta Stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bio? I think I'll have to work on my cyber-stalking skills to learn what she's hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia, I liked your interview. What kind of knife do you prefer?
    Maybe one of these unbelievable swiss knife?

    TK42ONE in case you want to get more information about Tia then use google:>)
    You will even find a picture of her. As soon as you enter the www you are no longer unknown. And that's scary for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. edi, I don't have a knife that is quite that elaborate. But it would be great to take to a desert isle!

    Interestingly, I do own a couple of knives--two bona-fide daggers, complete with sheaths. I think they're in my husband's top dresser drawer. In my purse, I have a miniature multi-tool on my keychain. I have a Swiss Army knife around somewhere, but I've lost track of it since I no longer work on a flightline.

    Should I bring up the .44 magnum? Too late, I guess.

    TK, my bio is at FD, and is very easy to find. I didn't feel like redoing it here.

    Thanks, Mulluane, for the nice words and the fun questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun interview. I liked the elf answer. Good questions Mulluane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now see, you say .44 Magnum and I'm all ears. It's a bit big for my tastes, but hey, I prefer to keep some things hidden and I don't have a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was the first pistol I ever fired. Everything else pales in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tia, what a "knife-sharp" answer :>)

    I never fired a real gun in my life. Only some shots with an air gun on a carnival.
    I like bows and crossbows but I don't own one.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!