Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - Truscifi‏

Mulluane | Tuesday, March 24, 2009 | 3 Comments so far
The Bio!


I used to be a social worker (which is in some ways very rewarding, but also a huge bummer most of the time) until I decided to spend more time with MY family than with other people's families. Now I stay home with my kid and have lots of adventures.

The Questions!

1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?
I need two - the ability to breathe underwater, so I can scuba dive without the scuba, and teleportation, so I can go to all the fabulous places I want to see and still be home in time for bedtime.
2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?
Nothing. I'm way too paranoid about paradoxes and tears in space time and eddies in the continuum to mess with time travel (too much Star Trek in my formative years). Unless it was to go dive somewhere that doesn't exist anymore. I have this thing about the oceans, you see.
3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?
Atlantis. Lost city, sunk beneath the waves thousands of years ago, possibly inhabited by merfolk...How cool would that be? Actually, that might tempt me to use that time travel machine, too...
4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?
Why the **** they're smushing my vegetable garden. And also, if they come in peace. And if they can breathe underwater. And did they make cockroaches (I have this theory about them being alien terraforming devices).
5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?
Not too big on cartoons. I liked the Smurfs when I was a kid, but never had a favorite. And cartoons today annoy me.
6.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?
A mermaid. I think I mentioned this thing I have about the oceans.
7.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?
A sat phone to call for a ride home, since there is no way I could choose between spouse and child. Unless it's been one of those days, then probably a bottle of rum and some tanning lotion.
8.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?
Hmmm...not a goddess of the oceans, because they're really big and I don't want to work that hard. Maybe a goddess of coral reefs. They're my current favorite undersea environ and they mostly take care of themselves.
9.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?
An explorer/scout. With awesome technology/magical powers so I can jump from universe to universe and drink an infinite number of different daiquiris on an infinite number of beaches.
The Blog plug!

I have two - one is relevant here, being a science fiction blog (mostly) - http://truescifi.wordpress.com

The other is more of a journal about my adventures with my kid. Feel free to check it out if you want - http://adventuresathome.wordpress.com
Thanks to Truscifi‏ for sharing his answers with us!

Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

3 comments :

  1. That was very funny! Truscifi has found a new reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. It seems you are water addicted :>)

    Need to have a loom at your blog. Even I like fantasy much more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia - glad to hear it!

    edi - a loom? What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!