Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - LibraryDad

Mulluane | Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | 8 Comments so far

The Bio!

I was born in southern California but prefer to tell people I'm from Virginia since that's where I grew up. I spent a few years in college in north-western Pennsylvania and a few years working on North Carolina before moving back home to Virginia. My hobbies outside of reading include genealogy and the self-abusive sport of running.



The Questions!


1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?

Stopping time. Why? Because I've always wondered what the women's shower looks like. And so I can read all those books on my shelf.
2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?

Become King of the World. Or be like Doc Brown and go back to the Wild West to see what life was like. Maybe pick up some information on my family history from first hand sources. And test that theory that meeting yourself could result in the end of the world (or death like on LOST).

3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?

Wow. And I thought these would be easy questions. My snarky answer would be finding proof that you didn't use spell check on this question. But my serious answer would be to find proof of alien life or a previous incarnation of advanced technology. Like digging below the layer of the cave man to find a metro tube (kind of like Planet of the Apes). Or to dig below a temple in Mexico to find an alien body.

4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?

Assuming you're peaceful, may I go with you?

5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?

A Smurf. I grew up in the 80s and, while it was a close call between a Smurf or a Gummi Bear, I think kicking Brainy would be more fun than drinking Gummi Bear juice.

6.) If you could have lunch with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Jimmy Stewart. He is hands-down my favorite actor and I've never met him. I think I'd like to eat lunch with him just to see if he really is that sappy, average kind of guy he plays in the movies.
7.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?
Another hard question. After much thought, I'd have to go with the Cassowary, the deadliest bird on the planet. Why the Cassowary? Because, well, it's the deadliest bird and it lives in Australia! I've never been there and I'd prefer to have people leave me alone. I'm just hoping they don't taste good.
8.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?

Sure I could wish for a survival kit or something, but I'm being realistic. Or at least trying to stay true to the question. So if I truly wanted to survive, I would want a hatchet or knife.

9.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?

Behold! My name is Averagus and I am the God of the Average Man. I doubt I'd have a large following, but I've always felt like an average person. Maybe Averagus would help out those other average guys be not so average.
10.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?

Seeing as I sport a five-o'clock shadow most days, I don't think I'd make a good princess. But I do enjoy people-watching, so I'd have to go with the assassin. The wardrobe has an added bonus since black is very slimming.



The Blog plug!

Library Dad
My intent behind Library Dad is to:
  • Find inspiration to visit and support their local library
  • Find free or cheap books to read at their local library, bookshop, or online
  • Learn how to find hidden gems at their library
  • If people enjoy it because of (or despite) this, great! I'm having fun so far and I'm starting to really enjoy the news around the reading/writing industry.
    Thanks to LibraryDad for sharing his answers with us!



    Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series



    Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

    Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
    Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

    8 comments :

    1. And thanks for the interview!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is the third attempt to write this comment. Today firefox doesn't like me.

      I really like the Averagus
      I didn't know the Cassowary before. So I had a look at wikipedia: Cassowary

      ReplyDelete
    3. As much as I love the potential ease of having the comment form right on the page, it is obvious that ease depends on it actually working. So, I am going back to the popup version.

      Sorry :>(

      Great interview, thanks for playing along!

      ReplyDelete
    4. ediFanoB - Yes, the Cassowary was educational to me when I first learned about it. Scary bird.

      Mullane - I figured out my issue with the different Javascript format Blogger has added for comments, so I can comment either way now!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Averagus! Brilliant! Yet totally average, of course. In hindsight I wish I had said "Goddess of Mediocrities", because I'm lazy and mediocrity is easy... and average. Perhaps we can rule together?

      Regardless, enjoyed your answers! You sound disturbingly like me - a male doppleganger. How odd.

      ReplyDelete
    6. We can rule together as long as you don't tell my wife. Would our kids be Mediage? Or Averagrities?

      ReplyDelete
    7. Mul.. I thought I had commented on here but it never showed up?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Turns out I'm just retarded. Oh good! That just proves I'm the Queen of Mediocrities!

      My king - I shall be happy to rule at your side! We shall bear an average sized brood of mediocre children! And buy a golden retriever! Because that would be very mundane of us.

      And I won't tell your wife if you don't tell my husband *wink*

      ReplyDelete

    I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

    Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
    Come Join In The Fun!
    Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

    Delivered by FeedBurner
    Thanks!