Thursday, March 12, 2009

Reader Appreciation Interview - MentatJack

Mulluane | Thursday, March 12, 2009 | 1 Comment so far
MentatJack
The Bio!

I'm a web developer for Novica, a website that sells art from around the world and is associated with National Geographic. Since moving to Los Angeles from Virginia, I've gotten a black belt, I've helped a photographer cover the hollywood genre beat, I've taught physics at an eastern medicine school, I was the sole gringo in a Latino short film that aired on Showtime, and I ended up with 2 cats. I read a lot and play too much World of Warcraft.
The Questions!

1.) What magical ability would you like to have and why?

I'd like to be able to absorb knowledge from books by just being near them. I love wandering through bookstores and libraries, and that would make those strolls both more fruitful and ultimately cheaper. I also just like knowing stuff.


2.) What would you do if you had a time machine?

I'm assuming that this is a point in the future where time machines are more common than they are now. I'd probably go back in time to early 2009 and tell myself how to make a time machine. I'd bring a list of books to avoid, so that I can have a higher ratio of enjoyment in my reading.


3.) You are an archeologist and you discover something that no one has ever seen before. What do you think would be the coolest thing you could possibly discover and why?

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is a survey carved in cuneiform. I have a feeling there would be a lot of "How much..." questions. This may be one of those answers that is infinitely more interesting to me than ANYONE else.


4.) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?

I'd start with simple arithmetic, move on to geometry and then call for the fiancee. She's a budding linguist and would probably get more out of them. She'd also probably get a good cookie recipe out of them. I suspect those would be spectacular cookies.

5.) Who (or what) is your favorite cartoon character and why?

There was a claymation character in dominoes commercials a few decades ago ... I think it was called a noid ... it was a play on the word annoyed. I REALLY like a good pun. Also pizza. Love pizza.


6.) If you could have lunch with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Masaharu Morimoto, as long as he's cooking.


7.) If you could be reincarnated as an animal (real or imaginary), what would you be and why?

A living ship, like the ones in Farscape. Flying free in the universe would be AWESOME! So awesome.

8.) You are stranded on a desert island, and only one thing washed up on shore with you what (or who) would you want that to be?

A television crew. I've totally lost track of Lost. I could make my own. I REALLY think my beard would play well on the small screen. Ask anyone, I have an amazing beard. Also, I was a boy scout. I know my knots and feel I could survive very well as long as there were coconuts.


9.) Alot of ancient cultures, like the Greeks and Romans, had a god for just about everything. What type of god could you envision yourself as and why?

I think I would like to be a god of computer languages that start with the letter L. Such a specific god would not be distracted by the generalities that often trip up more power hungry gods. This would also improve my WoW addon coding.


10.) If you could be a character in a fantasy or science fiction novel, what type would you be? (Wizard, assassin, warrior, spaceship captain, princess, etc...) and why?

I would be a librarian. In fact, I may go that way in real life. Dwarvish or Cyborg librarian would be infinitely cooler though.


Blog plug!

I review what I'm reading at http://MentatJack.com

My main goal is to aid myself in remembering what I like about what I read. I'm rather absentminded. Also, I enjoy getting to know other people that enjoy speculative fiction as well. Like Mulluane ...*WAVE*

I also contribute to http://adventuresinscifipublishing.com

Thanks to MentatJack for sharing his answers with us!



Want to join in on the fun? Find out how here: Reader Appreciation Series



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

1 comment :

  1. MentatJack,
    I'm not interested in LOST but I know that THE BOOK SMUGGLERS post really good summaries.
    Latest Lost Recap

    Your interview gave me the impression you like books and cooking. Do you own science fiction cook books and fantasy cook books? :>)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!