Welcome!

♦ What You'll Find. Single Fantasy book reviews, funny author and reader interviews, SFF lists, (blogs, websites, authors), articles, a fledgling discussion forum and experiments in the art of blog promotion.

♦ Purpose. This blog is a companion to Dragons, Heroes and Wizards where I do nothing but Fantasy series reviews. This blog is where I put everything else.

♦ Site is mobile friendly: however I can not insure that external links will be the same. A few of my larger indexes may view better in landscape mode but most should scale.

♦ Thank you for stopping by and I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Freaky Friday Facts (#1)

I did not run across too articles this week that made me go wow! but here are a few that prove fact is often stranger than Fantasy. (or fiction, whichever you prefer.)


~~~Technology~~~

From Reuters:

Fish-inspired vessel joins Brazil offshore oil boom


~~~Science~~~

You have to see to believe this.

From io9:

Behold, the Clearest Photo of a Sunspot Ever Taken


~~~Not really a Wow! More like a Cool!~~~ 

From Paperback Writer:

Texterize It


~~~Archaeology-History~~~

From Discovery News:

Coffin at King Richard III Site Holds...Another Coffin

Now if it took 8 people just to lift one lid. I wonder how many it took to carry 1 or both coffins. Talk about built to last....

~~~Humor~~~

And last but not least. this one made me giggle.

From Reuters:

Dead shark found on New York City subway


Not sure if this was a tribute to Shark Week (honestly I think Discovery is being paranoid) or a dig at Sharknado (I find this to be more likely) but either way somebody had a bit of fun. Yes I know, the poor shark. I love animals as much if not more than most people and I'm sorry for the shark, but I still think it is funny.









Mulluane is a 54-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her youth. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

1 comment :

  1. I'm particularly interested in the archeology in the Richard III article. The sunspot is pretty neat, too. {Smile}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...