♥ Welcome To Old Bat's Belfry! ♥

♦ What You'll Find. Single Fantasy book reviews, funny author and reader interviews, SFF lists, (blogs, websites, authors), articles, a fledgling discussion forum and experiments in the art of blog promotion.

♦ Purpose. This blog is a companion to Dragons, Heroes and Wizards where I do nothing but Fantasy series reviews. This blog is where I put everything else.

♦ So where should you start? Try the menu bar located at the top of the page. (Tap menu in mobile) and pick your poison from the list!

♦ Thank you for stopping by and I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Five Freaky Friday Fun Facts #3


A little of this, a bit of that and a couple of something else entirely. Oh an another bonus link at the end but remember, no skipping!

1
~~~SFF Goodies~~~


From Voyager Online:


Geekileaks

*Blurb* Welcome to Geekileaks, a brand new weekly webcrawl where Voyager brings you the coolest, geekiest things scurrying around on the interwebz. Because loving SFF means never having to be bored when you’re procrastinating online. As the Cheshire Cat said to Alice: most everyone’s mad here.

2
~~~Science/Nature~~~



From NBC News:


Diver who saved dolphin: 'He swam right up to me'


*Me* This is not a new story and I do not remember where I first read it but I remember it blew what little mind I have left. So I went looking for it so I could share.

3
~~~Writing~~~



From humanitysdarkerside:


The Oatmeal: Easy and fun explanations of some grammar rules

*Blurb* I wholeheartedly recommend The Oatmeal to those authors out there who sometimes have questions about their proper use of grammar. Their presentations are elegant and fun.

*Me* Oh I need these, badly! And they are comics too!

4
~~~Archaeology-History~~~



From Discovery News:


Medieval Poison Ring Used for Political Murders

*Me* Thought these were a Fantasy prop? Think again.

5
~~~Humor~~~



And for today's humor section


From The Blog of Peter V. Brett:


Bio Contest


*Me* Peat ran a contest for fans to create a new Bio for him. Seems he was bored with his old one. I chose to link to his "contests" search label so you could easily locate all 4 posts. Contest is closed but the entries are absolutely priceless.


Bonus!
~~~From Pat's Fantasy Hotlist~~~

Win a Copy of David Hair's Mage's Blood!


*Blurb* There is a definite buzz surrounding the release of David Hair's Mage's Blood, the first volume in The Moontide Quartet. And I have a copy up for grabs, compliments of the folks at Jo Fletcher Books!


*Me* You skipped ahead again didn't you. Sigh. I knew you would. Well come back once you entered the contest. I'll wait up for you.









Mulluane is a 54 year old, proud grandmother who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Well Come Join The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...