Saturday, September 14, 2013

Authors Are Welcome Here!

Mulluane | Saturday, September 14, 2013 | 1 Comment so far
Image courtesy of Gavreads

This is an old issue. I saw it back in 2009 before I took a break from blogging and I am reasonably positive I will see it again and again in the years to come. It is also one in which I absolutely refuse to take sides. What I will do however is clarify my commenting policy for the record.

Disclaimer: this policy reflects my views and my views only. My opinions are my own and have not been influenced by any of the current discussions.

Authors, regardless of what they have to say, have been and always will be, welcome to comment here and on Dragons, Heroes and Wizards. If they comment acting badly that is their right and the consequences are on their heads, not mine. If I respond badly, respectfully or choose to not respond at all, that is my right and any consequences are on me and me alone. Let the chips fall as they may. 

I sincerely hope a confrontation never happens but I will never, ever deny anyone - regardless of who they are - a chance to express themselves. Unless they threaten violence, which would cross even my broad stance, words are just that, words. What doesn't kill me, just makes me stronger. 

In a nutshell I feel it is the height of hypocrisy for me to express a negative opinion while denying others the right to challenge that opinion. If you (readers or authors) want to come here and rant, rant away. If you have something nice to say, please do so. If you have nothing to say, well that is your right too. Only thing I ask is that you try to restrain from using vulgar language but that is more for my reader's sensibilities than mine.

The sole exception to this rule is SPAM which has never and will never be welcome here. Sorry, I do have a few limits...

And now, with this little issue addressed, I return you to your previously scheduled blog reading...








Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

1 comment :

  1. It's good to see you're open to disagreement. Some folks aren't. {Smile}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!