Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Interview - Jennifer Fallon - Author of Riftrunners and Hythrun Chronicles

Mulluane | Wednesday, October 16, 2013 | 3 Comments so far

(Wacky Interview Series)


In case you missed the first interviews in this series, here is the deal...I read alot of author interviews and they are good, informative, and interesting but rarely tell me all that much about an author's personality. I often find myself thinking, "Well that's all good and everything but I want to know more about the real live person behind the book!"

So, I decided to conduct a "fun" interview; something that will give my readers a good laugh and be fun for the authors. You will not find serious questions covering books, publishing, writing or future plans. Instead you will get a chance to see how they react to a bunch of crazy questions and scenarios.

This time around I asked Jennifer Fallon, author of Riftrunners, 
The Tide Lords QuadrilogySecond Sons and Hythrun Chronicles, if she would consent to do one of these. To my delight, she agreed! So, I sent her the 10 wacky questions, plus the 2 bonus substitutes and like those before her, she answered all 12. So here for your reading pleasure is a look inside of the mind of Jennifer Fallon...


1) Which magical power would you like to have and why?

I already have one. I can always find a carpark out the front of where I want to go. It is a superpower. People marvel at my awesomeness and make me drive whenever we are going somewhere likely to be crowded.
2) What would you do if you had a time machine?

Go back in time and buy shares in Microsoft.
3) What was your funniest/most interesting encounter with a fan?

The fan who wrote telling me he had a sequel plot ready for me for the Demon Child Trilogy, asking where should he send it so he could collect his cheque? He thought the only reason I hadn't written one yet was because I couldn't think of an idea, but he had, and seriously believed that was all that was holding me back. And that he should get paid.
4) If you had a chance to spend some time with one mythical being, what would it be and why?

God. Just so I could ask him how he managed to convince people he's prepared to influence the results of a football match but won't doing anything about chemical weapons used on innocent people, natural disasters or allowing the Kardashians to become so ridiculously rich and famous.
5) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?

Hey, dudes, can I borrow your ride?
6) What quirky habit do you have that often gets you teased by your peers or family?

I am easily distracted by shiny things.
7) What did you want to be when you grew up?

A writer.
8) If you could be reincarnated as an animal, what would you be and why?

A cat. They are the ultimate killing machines. They are soft and cuddly. They are athletic. They sleep 80% of the time. And they don't have to eat vegetables. Also, I'd like to live at my house, because the cats here (all 7 of them) are spoiled rotten and get fed really well.
9.) My readers want to know what you had for breakfast. Not sure why exactly...

Coffee… more coffee… and a ham and cheese toastie which tasted disgusting because I am allergic to wheat and gluten free bread, even when it's toasted with ham and cheese, tastes like arse.
10) Why in the world did you consent to doing this wacky interview? I mean there is not one question here about your books, your writing or your future plans!

I'm procrastinating. I'm supposed to be proofreading a How to Write Bestselling Characterization book. It's due out next week so I'd better get my finger out!

Bonus Questions!


11) Who is your favorite comedian or cartoon character and why?

Wylie E Coyote is my hero, because it doesn't matter how many times you knock him down, he always gets up and tries again, and he always thinks he can win.
12) How would you describe your sense of humor?

Twisted.


Thanks to Jennifer Fallon for consenting to do this interview!



Be sure to look for Jennifer Fallon's new book: How to write a Bestseller: Characterization

And her Urban Fantasy series Rift Runners: The Undivided | The Dark Divide | Reunion 

Plus you can connect with Jennifer Fallon on her Facebook Page or on Twitter


You can also find more info on her books here: Jennifer's website.

In addition, if you are interested in Jennifer Fallon's books you can read my reviews of Second Sons and 
Hythrun Chronicles plus find other useful links here:

Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

or read my recent review of Undivided.

Old Bat's Belfry

Check Out Other Wacky Interviews





Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

3 comments :

  1. That is a different interview. As usual. {SMILE}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I think they are alot of fun for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I certainly think they're fun, and I suspect other readers agree. They seem to be fun for you and the interviewees, too, so that does cover everyone involved. {SMILE}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!