Friday, February 7, 2014

Fun Friday's 4 ~ Let Your Imagination Come Out To Play!

Mulluane | Friday, February 07, 2014 | 8 Comments so far
Well it is Friday and time once again do a post that serves absolutely no purpose except to have a little fun. I haven't accomplished much this week. Did a redesign of Dragons, Heroes and Wizards. (again) Finished "The Fall of Kings." Review will be up Monday. Struggled with another book that I wanted to like but have some issues with. And I started a third book that I'm totally in love with so far. 

But none of that resulted in a post so this will have to do...


The Premise
>
One thing that all Fantasy and Science Fiction readers and bloggers share is a vivid imagination and a great sense of fun. 

So, on Fridays, I am going to put forth a scenario and ask a question. Just for fun and hopefully we can, share a few giggles, chuckles and maybe even a guffaw or two.

Give the scenario some thought then leave your answer in the comments! Be inventive, indulge your imagination, show off your sense of humor and maybe, just maybe, meet a few new people.

Of course serious answers count too. While my main goal is to have some fun and silliness, I realize that some questions may strike a completely different chord with the reader. Don't let that stop you from commenting! The other thing us SFF fans are good at is serious discussion. 

So without further delay, here is the question!


If you could be one mythical being, what would you be? 

Selkie, Unicorn, Dragon, Mermaid, Pegasus, Faun, Centaur, Fairy, Genie, Other?



My Answer:

This is a hard one even for me and it is my question. I think my favorite mythical creature of all time is Draco. (Dragonheart/Sean Connery) I LOVE that dragon! I think I'd like to be a female version of him, only without the dying part. Or better yet, his devoted mate (again without the dying part, lets just replace that with happily ever after shall we?)

So what about you? Doesn't have to be a well known character like mine (unless you want), can be anything you can imagine yourself as. The wand is in your court! Wave it over the comment section and tell us your preference!

Don't like this question? Look here "Fun Fridays" and see if there is one you do like! Comments are always welcome, even on older posts.




Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

8 comments :

  1. That dragon does sound interesting, Mulluane. {Smile}

    I'd normally want to be something feline, but the main mythical feline I can think of is the sphinx. Somehow that doesn't appeal, even if I would get to play with riddles. {rueful smile}

    So... I guess I'd choose a menehune. They're the most famous little people of Hawaiian legend. They'll congregate by the thousands one night to work on a task. They'd better, since they need to finish any task by sunrise, or leave it undone. When the sun is shining, or the menehune chief hasn't called a work-night, they seem to be pretty laid back. {SMILE}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! That is a new legend for me. I'll have to look it up.

      I'm still getting used to the threaded comments thingy. About 1/2 the time it comes up as a main comment instead of a reply. But I'll get it eventually.

      Delete
    2. I hope you like it. It's not just one legend, but a whole lot of legends, and more modern stories, too. {Smile}

      Threading can be tricky, especially when you aren't used to it. I think each system that does it works a little differently, That doesn't exactly help, either. {Smile}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
  2. I would be a Genie who was already freed. Because I want my cake and to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You need to get your hands on a copy of Dreams and Shadows by C. Robert Cargill. You'll love the Genie story.

      Delete
  3. One of the myths that always intrigued me is that of skin-changing, the ability to turn into any desired animal so that you could fly like an eagle, or gallop away like a horse, or swim in the ocean like a dolphin.... It sounds quite fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, what a great idea! By picking one, you could be them all!

      Delete
    2. The shape-changing legends are interesting. I'm intrigued by how similar they are, even when found in disparate cultures. I considered that one, myself, before choosing Menehune. If the latter weren't a childhood favorite across Hawai'i and for me in particular... {Smile}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!