Friday, February 14, 2014

Fun Fridays 5 ~ Let Your Imaginations Soar!

Mulluane | Friday, February 14, 2014 | 13 Comments so far
Well it is Friday again so time for another silly post. I did get a review up this week and a bunch of old posts on Dragons got color coded to match the new color scheme. The back to back storms have played havoc with my internet connection and TV satellite dish but against all odds I never lost power for more than a few seconds. Still my internet dropping cut down on my productivity. Ready for winter to be over!

The good news is that I have a bunch of posts planned for next week including a Wacky Author Interview! I have decided that while I do not have the time to start reviewing Indie books, I will be doing some interviews and shoutouts instead.

But enough about me, lets get to the fun part!

The Premise

One thing that all Fantasy and Science Fiction readers and bloggers share is a vivid imagination and a great sense of fun. 

So, on Fridays, I am going to put forth a scenario and ask a question. Just for fun and hopefully we can, share a few giggles, chuckles and maybe even a guffaw or two.

Give the scenario some thought then leave your answer in the comments! Be inventive, indulge your imagination, show off your sense of humor and maybe, just maybe, meet a few new people.

Of course serious answers count too. While my main goal is to have some fun and silliness, I realize that some questions may strike a completely different chord with the reader. Don't let that stop you from commenting! The other thing us SFF fans are good at is serious discussion. 

So without further delay, here is the question!


You have embarked on a trip to Mars. What three things would you take with you in case you crash and end up marooned?



My Answer:

This is a hard one. I am going to assume my spaceship already has the basics; food, water, oxygen, spacesuit...

So, what outside of the basics then.

1) A really good book of course. An omnibus edition of something I wouldn't mind reading over and over again.

2) A big cross stitch project. Since it has to be considered a single item, it will need to be a prepackaged kit.

3) A cabana boy. OK, I know that isn't a thing but since I have the domestic skills of a gnat I need somebody to cook, clean up, thread my needle, provide eye candy....

So what would you take?

Don't like this question? Look here "Fun Fridays" and see if there is one you do like! Comments are always welcome, even on older posts.




Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

13 comments :

  1. My first thought was the essentials: air, water, food, and a radio to call for help with. I wasn't happy at the idea of having to do with out any of those. {lop-sided smile}

    I much prefer your idea of assuming the ship already has such essentials. That lets me concentrate on the fun stuff that makes the wait bearable.

    First, I'd want a nice, fat book to read, of course. At the moment I'm leaning toward either a one-volume copy of Lord of the Rings, or a one-volume copy of Bulfinch's Mythology. Either should keep me busy for a fair while, especially with my love of not just reading but studying books. {SMILE, wink}

    Next, a nice, fat book to write in, complete with a loop to hold the pencil to actually write with, so that I don't have to spend an extra item on the writing instrument. {Smile}

    Third, my mending neatly collected in my grandmother's bag with the wooden frame. That should hold a couple of half-done sewing projects and a few books who need hinge work, re-binding, etc. No, I'm not sneaking in more reading material. I enjoy mending books. I used to do so for the university library; I miss it, and would really enjoy a chance to do more again, especially with minimal interruptions. {Smile, wink}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOooo. I remember books with sewn bindings. Never knew there was a way to fix them once they stared falling apart. Way cool!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes. I used to mend books for the university library. I stopped because they asked the volunteers to not comes while they were renovating the library due to lack of space. I never got around to going back. {odd smile}

      I haven't bound nearly as many books. If they needed full rebinding, we'd ship them off to a little library bindery in Honolulu where they could do it all by machine more easily. They didn't want to waste even volunteer time on full rebinding. However, I did a few on my own, and a few more for a class. I was independent enough, I don't doubt my ability to do it. It's just a matter of finding and following the directions. Plus seeing which extra tricks I remember, because directions to a craft like bookbinding are never quite complete. {Smile}

      The thing I'm wondering about is whether and how to share pictures with my friends. {Smile}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
    3. Pinterest my dear would be perfect for that. If I am curiously fascinated I'm betting I'm far from the only one.

      Delete
    4. I put up one picture, partly to reassure myself I could do so. I hope the picture is clear; I just added an explanation about it. I realized I hadn't really said what it was, except a future book. {Smile, wink}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
  2. Of course my first thoughts were for something to read, but why limit myself to a book when I could have a whole *library* stored electronically in little or no weight? (And yes, I'm greedy that way - LOL).

    Second would be some music to battle the profound silence of the Mars landscape (unless there are Martians holding weekly concerts, of course...)

    And third... a dog! I don't have one in real life, so why not dream of one in a hypothetical trip to Mars? Considering that options 1 and 2 would not add too much weight to the spaceship, I think I would be entitled to a dog, wouldn't I? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about taking a cat but I figure it would be more bored than I was. Not fair to the cat.

      I didn't think of an ereader! (kicks self)

      Music would be good. I do hate silence. Love solitude but need background noise :>)

      Delete
    2. I think you're right: this is one case where an ereader's advantages outweigh it's disadvantages particularly clearly. {Smile}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
    3. You can't have music in space - no air!! And no one can hear you scream either...chortle

      Delete
    4. That's why if I have to spend wishes on necessities, the first wish would be air, just as the second would be water. I'm still debating between food and a radio for the third. {wink, Smile}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
  3. I would want;
    1. An escalator back to earth for weekends off
    2. To try a Mars burger. Burgers always taste different in different countries.
    3. The entire UK government to go with me just in case there wasn't air, food and water. I'd have a smile watching them get their comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Make sure you have the only key to the escalator so the UK government can't escape!

      Delete
    2. I do like your choices. {SMILE}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!