Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fun Fridays 9 ~ My Imagination is so good, I think it is still Friday!!

Mulluane | Sunday, March 16, 2014 | 5 Comments so far
Well, it is actually Sunday but I figure better late than never right? I wasn't productive at all this week. My birthday was Tuesday and for one of my pressies I got a stomach virus. That kept me in bed for several days and weak for another. Yuk. I did manage to get a review up, (late), a few pins, twitter however was severely neglected
picture of gemstones
Anyway, since I didn't feel well this week I struggled to come up with a new idea, scenario, question but initially I failed. Then it hit me. I was thinking about my birthstone and how I pretty much don't like it. I started wondering if certain gems and stones resonated with certain people. Off to google I sped and dug up a chart with most of the popular stones and their healing and spiritual properties. Eureka! Another exercise with the potential to be entertaining.

So again the question can be answered in several ways depending on your mood and personality. Answer as many or as few as you want. If your favorite stone(s) aren't on the list, feel free to look it/them up and tell us what they signify.

♦ So on to the questions/challenges....

1.) You have a favorite stone(s) but you have no idea why it appeals to you so strongly. Check the list or google and see if it gives you an "ah ha!" moment. Then tell us what stone(s) and reason(s) you discovered.

2.) Or - you have a favorite stone(s) and you already know why it "speaks to you." Tell us what it is and why it resonates.

3.) If you dislike your birthstone (like I do) pick an alternative! (Then tell us about it.)

4.) Your parents never let you have a pet rock as a kid but you always wanted one. Using the chart, which one would you pick and why?

5.) You hate a certain gemstone because gnomes keep putting them in your shoes at night so you'll bruise your feet on them the next day. Tell us what your least favorite stone is and what you did to annoy the gnomes.

So without further chit-chat, here for your viewing pleasure is the following list-o-rocks.

In case the embedded document doesn't work (and this sort of thing rarely does in some feed readers, email and sometimes even in mobile) here is a direct link:  Healing-Crystals-and-Gemstones

Healing Crystals and Gemstones


♥ My Answers ♥

1.) You have a favorite stone(s) but you have no idea why it appeals to you so strongly. Check the list or google and see if it gives you an "ah ha!" moment. Then tell us what stone(s) and reason(s) you discovered.

♦ OPAL - Blue

Intensifies the need and ability to express emotions and creativity, enhances expression of repressed emotions; opens communication between people, people and pets, people and spirit guides; aids psychic hearing, sending and receiving, promotes empathy and telepathy; soothes the throat, opens the voice, calms. -- (This is my hands down favorite and here it is folks. My Ah Ha! moment. The above description explains alot.)

GOLDSTONE

Optimism, Development, Stomach, Tension. -- (My second favorite is an odd little stone that I believe is actually man made but I adore it. This one I had to google. It is a pretty copper colored stone with thousands of gold sparkles. And *nods* I need help from all of its properties.)

3.) If you dislike your birthstone (like I do) tell us what it is and then pick an alternative! (Then tell us about it of course.)

AQUAMARINE (dislike)

Brings spiritual vision. It calms the mind and lifts the spirits. Preserves innocence. It is said to quicken the intelligence and lead to greater self knowledge. -- (Frankly I find to be a very boring little stone color wise and my innocence is long gone. Besides, I've tried the self knowledge thing. I ended up scared of myself...)

♦ AMETHYST (choice)

This purple or mauve colored quartz is used for meditation. It soothes the mind, raises the spirit, rebalancing and increasing awareness, assisting spiritual development, giving protection from negative vibrations. Amethyst  is a stone for change – of great use in healing and for easing pain, removes impurities from the blood and encourages sound sleep. Traditionally it was believed to protect from drunkenness. -- (I love deep purple and oh! Is that why I don't drink...)

4.) Your parents never let you have a pet rock as a kid but you always wanted one. Using the chart, which one would you pick and why?

♦ TIGER’S EYE - Golden 

Protects from witchcraft and evil. Attracts good luck and aids the insight into oneself. Makes one invisible to negative energy sources, protects against psychic attack; clears negative energy from the solar plexus, returns negative energy to its sender; protects travelers and automobiles from accidents; aids in ability to discern evil, aids physical visions -- (Oh my what a perfect pet! Nice kitty kitty. And they look like dragon eyes too...) 

5.) You hate a certain gemstone because gnomes keep putting them in your shoes at night so you'll bruise your feet on them the next day. Tell us what your least favorite stone is and what you did to annoy the gnomes.

♦ DIAMONDS 

Fills hara and kundalini line chakras and channels with light, connects with spirit guides and Goddess; merges karmic union marriage with soul’s life purpose, anchors spiritual union into earth plane bodies; fulfills marriage contract made with mate in the pre-life state, holds the template of the marriage, promotes harmony, and balance in relationship and marriage. A diamond retains the karmic imprint of the marriage even after the relationship of life of the wearer ends -- (I'm sorry but diamonds bore me to tears. (Kinda like that description.) A piece of Australian crystal is just as flashy and much cheaper. But I guess now I know why I failed at marriage... twice. As for why the gnomes keep putting them in my shoes. Well. *Blush* I accused them of stealing my socks and threatened to feed them to a dragon. I have since discovered it was actually my cat.)

So now it is your turn. Answer one or as many as you want and leave us a comment. This should be interesting (and educational!) Especially if we can get some of you suckers, ummm, I mean readers to come play along!

Don't like this question? Look here "Fun Fridays" and see if there is one you do like! Comments are always welcome, even on older posts.




Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

5 comments :

  1. Well, I wasn't aware that you could link stones with your birth date!!!
    So this was a huge discovery: it's true that we never stop learning....

    My birth-stone is the opal, and a search for images turned up some very lovely stones with some sort of multi-colored lights inside. I liked that very much, because it gave me the impression of the many facets of one's personality, and the possibility of seeing a different side of a person depending on the point of view, much as you see different colors as you turn a stone toward the light.

    Something worth thinking about in some depth... Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Associating different stones with your birthdate goes back to ancient times and the stones vary between societies. I found an article that went into that in detail but it was so full of "buy my stuff" links I didn't use it for this. But... it is a well written database if you ignore the ads:

      http://www.docstoc.com/docs/75297618/Crystals-Gemstones (zodiac page 19, history page 32)

      As far as opals go, I love love love them. Every single opal is unique making each one "special." It is water vapor trapped within the stone that gives it all those beautiful shiny colors.

      Delete
  2. I'm very sorry you got a stomach virus, especially so close to your birthday. {Sympathetic Smile}

    Now then, on to your questions. {Smile}

    1.) You have a favorite stone(s) but you have no idea why it appeals to you so strongly. Check the list or google and see if it gives you an "ah ha!" moment. Then tell us what stone(s) and reason(s) you discovered.

    2.) Or - you have a favorite stone(s) and you already know why it "speaks to you." Tell us what it is and why it resonates.

    I'm not sure if these are 1 or 2, but I've always loved garnets and pearls. Garnets are my birthstone, and their colors tend to be rich and warm. I love the way pearls seem to glow from within, as well as the different, muted colors they can come in.

    GARNET: Aids in dreams and past life recall. Increases determination, energy, and courage. Attracts love and protects from infection.

    PEARL: Soothes and heals the negativity and struggle in one's life; surrounds negative energy with light, dissolves negative energy; heals negative thoughts and thought forms; moves attachments and psychic attacks of the aura, helps to release negative karmic patterns, fills the aura with healing light; calms and soothes the emotions, heals the negative inner voice and sub-personalities.

    3.) If you dislike your birthstone (like I do) pick an alternative! (Then tell us about it.)

    Not applicable; I'm very fond of garnets indeed. {SMILE}

    4.) Your parents never let you have a pet rock as a kid but you always wanted one. Using the chart, which one would you pick and why?

    {Smile} My parents encouraged pet rocks; they even encouraged me to paint some, and helped me glue two together to make a duck shape, with the smaller one being the head, and the larger one the body. We always used river rocks, which around here are usually basalts, since our islands are made out of basaltic lava. {Smile}

    I do have some nice amethyst geodes, but those are for looking at. A pet rock should be comfortable for holding and absentmindedly exploring with a hand. Some geodes may be comfortable on the smooth side, but the amethysts are too pokey for tactile exploration. {Smile, wink}

    5.) You hate a certain gemstone because gnomes keep putting them in your shoes at night so you'll bruise your feet on them the next day. Tell us what your least favorite stone is and what you did to annoy the gnomes.

    I have no idea what I did to any gnomes, but like you, I dislike diamonds. They're cold, and entirely too popular for my taste. {Chuckle, Smile}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only difference between #1 and #2 is using the chart to discover "why" the stones appeal as opposed to not needing the chart because you already knew the answer.

      For example I already knew I liked both goldstone and opals because they are full of character and individuality. Plus I like having stones (or alot of stones, I have a fistfull of opals) that are unique. No two opals or gold stones are exactly alike. So I kinda already knew why they appealed to me. I still wanted to explore them deeper though. (And like Maddalena pointed out, they look completely different from different angles.) But I wanted to know more so I looked them up.

      And you don't get mysterious rocks in your shoes? I could have sworn it was vengeful gnomes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I've known I'm particularly fond of garnets and pearls for decades. I also knew I disliked diamonds, too.

      Oh, I get rocks in my shoes on occasion, but those are usually basalts, for the same reason the pet rocks are basalts: most rocks in Hawai'i are basalts. I still like basalts well enough, while I'm distinctly disappointed with diamonds. {wink, SMILE}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!