Friday, April 25, 2014

Fun Friday 15 ~ What is Your Favorite Fantasy Wizard?

Mulluane | Friday, April 25, 2014 | 17 Comments so far
Stormy Fridays Never Get Me Down!!

I have no idea where this week went. It wasn't spent sleeping though not for lack of trying. I did get a review up but the next one isn't looking good for Monday. Too many pages, too much time playing around with graphic programs. However, here is what I did do.



But enough of all that!

This week again depends on viewer participation.






I want to know who your favorite wizard of all time is! 


I've got a varied list to get you started. 

*Note I did pick wizards who played a major role in whichever media they played in. And only wizards. We'll do their female counterparts another day.

Now, this is how I'm going to work this. As you leave your commented choice I will move the answer up the list. (I've tried polls in posts and they don't work very well.) First come, first serve until I get a duplicate answer. Once a wizard gets 2 votes, he will then move up to #1. As votes add up, I will manually tally the numbers and slot the wizard accordingly. Ties will be placed in order of deciding vote. In other words I am your personal poll assistant. 

*1 vote per commenter please.* 

I suppose if you have multiple accounts you can cheat but I wouldn't. Several of these wizards are personal friends of mine...

Oh and your answer does not have to be on the list. Feel free to add your own or suggest I add any others to the list. But only your first choice counts as a vote.


♥ Wizard List ♥


♦ 1 ♦
Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings) ~ 2 votes

♦ 2 ♦
Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance) ~ 1 vote

♦ 3 ♦ 

Merlin (To many Arthurian Legends to count) ~ 1 vote

♦ 4 ♦ 
Belgarath the Sorcerer (Belgariad/Malloreon) ~ 1 vote (Mine)

♦ 5 ♦ 

Willy Wonka (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)

♦ 6 ♦

The Crimson King (Dark Tower)

♦ 7 ♦
Harry Dresden (Dresden Files)

♦ 8 ♦ 
Vanyel (Valdemar)

♦ 9 ♦
Elminster Aumar (Forgotten Realms)

♦ 10 ♦
Mighty Mouse (Disney The Sorcerer’s Apprentice)

♦ 11 ♦
Allanon (World of Shannara)

♦ 12 ♦
Tim the Enchanter (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

♦ 13 ♦
Albus Dumbledore (Double Duh...)

♦ 14 ♦
Dr. Strange (Marvel Comics)

♦ 15 ♦
Jafar (Aladdin)

♦ 16 ♦
Pug (Rift War Saga)

♦ 17 ♦
The Wizard of Oz (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) ~ and before you correct me, he did become a wizard in later books

♦ 18 ♦
Harry Potter (Well Duh...)

♦ 19 ♦ (Added by Sparkling Blue)
Red Mage (Final Fantasy)





So how about you? Who is your favorite Male Wizard?


Don't like this question? Look here "Fun Fridays" and see if there is one you do like! Comments are always welcome, even on older posts.




Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

17 comments :

  1. There was no need for me to look at the list: as soon as I read the question, there was only one possible answer. Because GANDALF rules! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I took a peek at the new and improved DHW and I like the way it looks with just one sidebar. More... streamlined, for want of a better word.
    *wave*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! One of the rules of blogging is stand out. I think it does but of course I would.... Is the color scheme ok?

      Delete
    2. Yes, the color scheme is very restful for the eyes and the contrast between it and the text brings the letters into sharp focus, so I'd say you have a winner there!

      Delete
    3. Yes! They say trust your instincts but it is always nice to have outside confirmation. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Gandalf

    Merlin

    Red Mage (Final Fantasy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gandalf is winning! Only one vote allowed but I added Red Mage to the list (with full credit of course).

      On a side note. I just realized that for some weird reason, I don't get notified of your comments like I do everybody else. This is a pre and post apology for any I've missed and failed to respond to. Meanwhile I'll research and see if I can discover why :>(

      Delete
    2. There's a reason why I like the Red Mage--he can wield a sword AND magic.

      Delete
  4. Raistlin Majere - brilliant. Or should I go for Fistandalus?? Vastra??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raistlin it is! And riding at #2.

      Fistandalus I couldn't find, where is he from? Alot of people using that name on online RPGs but I couldn't find his(?) origin.

      Vastra is Dr. Who? male or female? (I'm not a Who fan so I have no clue)

      Delete
  5. Princess Cimorene from The Enchanted Forest Chronicles!

    Maybe that's just me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta male counterpart to her? I'll do the ladies next week. (and make sure she is on the list)

      And omg! Hi! I know how busy you are with other stuff so you taking the time to stop by means alot :>)

      Delete
  6. Merlin, I guess. I never really took to wizard-types. I tend to prefer healers and tricksters. I know tricksters can be wizards, but the ones I've thought of so far as also god. Somehow that feels like cheating. {Smile}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fistandalus was the chap Raistlin took over from, if I spelt it right. There was always some doubt whether it was Raistlin that survived or Fistandalus.

      Delete
  7. Catweazle!! Forgot about him. http://www.catweazlefanclub.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!