So lets start with my week in a small nutshell.
- Posted Weekly Quote #4 ~ Patrick Rothfuss
- Finished "Exiled" by Rowena Cory Daniells, review on Monday
- Setup a week's worth of photo sets to tumblr
- Finally decided to cross post some reviews to Amazon. Not convinced it is not a complete waste of time but we'll see.
- Didn't post much to Pinterest. Man I'd give my right foot to have a way to schedule pins.
- Did a round of thank you tweets. (Followers, favoriters, and retweeters.) Would look spammy to thank them each individually every day so I make a list. On Fridays I send out my thanks to 5-6 people at a time, scheduled atleast an hour or two apart. Less spammy and it fits in with the #FF tradition.
This week again depends on viewer participation. (As do they all.)
I want to know what is your favorite fairytale! Could be the first one that stands out in your memory or could be the one that had the most influence on your life.
It doesn't have to be one from your childhood. Some people don't read their first fairytale until they are much older. It just has to be one that still makes you smile, or sad, or laugh, or taught you a valuable life lesson.
The one that has always stuck in my mind is a very simple and yet very profound little tale about a dog carrying a bone. He sees his reflection in some water, and doesn't realize it is only a reflection. All he sees is another dog holding a bone and being greedy, drops his bone with the intent of grabbing the other dog's bone. Ultimately ending up with... nothing at all.
This old fable not only taught me the consequences of greed, it did so in a way that stayed with me throughout my entire life. Proving that fairytales are not just for putting little kids to sleep at night!
So how about you? What is your favorite Fairytale and why?
@Mulluane The princess bride now. First was The Wizard of Oz
— Linda Hoover (@Daxadoe23Linda) May 22, 2014
Don't like this question? Look here "Fun Fridays" and see if there is one you do like! Comments are always welcome, even on older posts.