Thursday, May 15, 2014

Weekly Quote #6 ~ Brandon Sanderson

Mulluane | Thursday, May 15, 2014 | 4 Comments so far

“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.”

-- Brandon Sanderson: The Way of Kings --


Quote by Brandon Sanderson ~ Design by Mulluane


About: This is a weekly feature here in the old belfry. The quote is Brandon Sanderson's. The design, along with any flaws, is mine. 

I really like this quote. Simply because it is so very very true. A good storyteller always makes me think, ponder, examine and draw my own conclusions. 


Usage: Non-Commercial Fair Use is permitted. The following restrictions apply: Please do not remove or mask the watermark url. Do not sell, print or claim this work as your own and when sharing, pinning, reblogging or posting, a direct link to this post is appreciated. Thanks!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

4 comments :

  1. Very, very wise! Writers who tend to spoon-feed their readers have the effect of making me run in the opposite direction at maximum speed... :-)

    This quote makes me think that Sanderson might subscribe to Tolkien's point of view about allegory (which he detested) versus applicability: the latter gives the reader all the thinking freedom he needs and deserves. Well, said, Mr. Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm not even going to tell you how wonderful Sanderson's books are or suggest you read them! *subliminal message incoming* (you must read Sanderson, you must read Sanderson)

      Delete
  2. {Chuckle} I like this quote, too. I'm glad I'm checking older blog posts on my blog reader. I seem to have missed a few good ones. {SMILE}

    A.E.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad. I found out yesterday that I'm not getting the followup comment emails I should be getting which is bad. One, I was thinking that nobody was talking to me anymore and two, I don't always remember where I left a comment. I depended on those notifications to remind me. :>(

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!