Thursday, June 26, 2014

Weekly Quote #12 ~ Douglas Adams

Mulluane | Thursday, June 26, 2014 | 5 Comments so far

“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

 ― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote by Douglas Adams Design by Mulluane


About: This is a weekly feature here in the old belfry. The quote is Douglas Adams. The design, along with any flaws, is mine. 

If you would like to suggest a quote (I prefer it be from a SFF author) let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do. No promises though. If a quote is too big I may not be able to reproduce it in the space available. I do promise to try though!


Usage: Non-Commercial Fair Use is permitted. The following restrictions apply: Please do not remove or mask the watermark url. Do not sell, print or claim this work as your own and when sharing, pinning, reblogging or posting, a direct link to this post is appreciated. Thanks!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

5 comments :

  1. Those are both nice quotes. I like the artistry of the one you fixed up. Still, there's something about the other one that makes me smile and chuckle. {BIG AMUSED SMILE}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. You caught me making a boo-boo. (Teach me to rush a post as I'm flying out the door.) The 2 quotes are listed one right after the other and I copied the wrong one :>(

      But I fixed it! Now I'll have to pretty up the one you liked better... just for you :>)

      Delete
    2. I wondered, since they normally match. {wink, Smile}

      Thank you! That's sweet. {BIG SMILE, REALLY BIG GRIN}

      Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

      Delete
  2. Adam's peculiar sense of humor is exactly what one needs at the end of a week! :-)
    I like very much how you changed the font between one line and the next: IMHO it goes hand in hand with the delightful madness of the story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delightful and wickedly funny :>)

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!