EXILE comes out in Trade Paperback on July 1, just in time for the beach!
(Wacky Interview Series)
In case you missed the first interviews in this series, here is the deal...I read alot of author interviews and they are good, informative, and interesting but rarely tell me all that much about an author's personality. I often find myself thinking, "Well that's all good and everything but I want to know more about the real live person behind the book!"
So, I decided to conduct a "fun" interview; something that will give my readers a good laugh and be fun for the authors. You will not find serious questions covering books, publishing, writing or future plans. Instead you will get a chance to see how they react to a bunch of crazy questions and scenarios.
This time around I asked Betsy Dornbusch, author of Exile (Books of the Seven Eyes) -- which I spotlighted here -- if she would consider doing one of these. She said it sounded like fun! So, I sent her the 10 wacky questions, plus the 2 bonus substitutes and like those before her, she answered 11/12! So here for your reading pleasure is a look inside of the mind of Betsy Dornbusch...
1) Which magical power would you like to have and why?
Glamour, so “Poof!” Makeup and hair done.
2) What would you do if you had a time machine?
Go to a showing of Midsummer’s Night Dream with Shakespeare. (and ask to have a little of whatever he was smoking)
3) What was your funniest/most interesting encounter with a fan?
He wasn’t a fan (they’re all great and cool—haven’t had silly encounters with them) but I had a guy at a con hotel bar play his harmonica for me (at me?) for nearly an hour once. I have lots of people say funny things to me, but that’s a standout.
4) If you had a chance to spend some time with one mythical being, what would it be and why?
Pegasus. I want a ride! Besides, feathers and horses and pretty-shiny.
6) What quirky habit do you have that often gets you teased by your peers or family?
I pick up other people’s drinks. I get to talking and just grab the nearest one. Which often isn’t mine. I was going to say this only happens at parties, but it happens around the house, too.
7) What did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t want to grow up. But I had to, so an artist or writer, and I’m both.
8) If you could be reincarnated as an animal, what would you be and why?
A dolphin. I think they have more fun than any animal on the planet.
9.) My readers want to know what you had for breakfast. Not sure why exactly...
Today? Coffeecake. Usually eggs or toast or a smoothie.
10) Why in the world did you consent to doing this wacky interview? I mean there is not one question here about your books, your writing or your future plans!
I do what my publicist says. She’s like the Hulk. You really don’t want to make her angry.
Besides, it’s fun!
11) Who is your favorite comedian or cartoon character and why?
Jon Stewart. Because funny. And I really like that he doesn’t have a straight face and laughs at his own jokes.
12) How would you describe your sense of humor?
Sarcastic and a little biting. I tend to give people shit, especially the serious ones, especially when I first meet people to find out if they can take it.
Thanks Betsy for consenting to do this interview!
|♥ Read Chapter One of Exile! |
♥ Available at these fine retailers: Kindle ~ Amazon ~ Book Depository ~ AbeBooks ~ BAM!
♥ You can connect with Betsy Dornbusch on her Facebook Page or on Twitter
♥ Checkout my Spotlight of Exile by Betsy Dornbusch for more information!