Friday, August 29, 2014

An Update and An Apology

Mulluane | Friday, August 29, 2014 | 2 Comments so far
A few of you may have noticed that I suddenly went missing. This was not by design. The phone company, in the process of updating my account and dropping my no longer needed second phone line (the one I was using for dialup), canceled my DSL. Suddenly... with a 15 minute warning email I never saw.

Granted I was annoyed but I was warned that it might happen briefly, if it happened at all, but I'd be given notice. I was literally writing a post when it dropped. I'm surprised you didn't hear me scream.


Screaming stick figure


Anyway. I borrowed a cell phone (yes I'm the only person on the planet who does not have one) and fired off several emails and made a few phone calls after 24 hours had passed and it wasn't reinstated. 3.5 weeks later I finally have it back. Not going to bore you with the details, but I gained a whole new understanding of the desire to go "postal".

Meanwhile, I had advertisers drop me, authors upset because their promised posts didn't happen, lost SEO ranking due to no updates, my Giveaway board is woefully outdated, and there were dozens of lost opportunities because I couldn't access my email much less answer it. Oh yeah and the beloved spam traffic I had gotten rid of came back (which is why there is a captcha back on comments, sorry... hopefully it is only temporary.)


The Apology


To my loyal readers, the poor authors I broke my promises to, the publishers who offered me wonderful books to promote, plus those of you who tried to get the forum going without my help, and the folks who sent me comments, requests and messages I couldn't answer or even see, I sincerely apologize. Believe me when I tell you that I hope to never go through that again. 

Ever...

Please bear with me as I play catch up. (Have you ever tried to go through 3.5 weeks of emails? OMG!)

The good news is that I got lots of reading done. The bad news is that I have to format all those posts before they can go live. Assuming we don't get a major hurricane anytime soon (those have been known to knock me offline for up to two weeks /shudders) I have some good stuff coming up for the old blogs.


Lady Reading


Hope you stick around to join in the fun cause I'm baaaccckkk!!




Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

2 comments :

  1. Good to have you back, wondered why it was so peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David... I think.

      Wasn't peaceful here I can tell ya. I ranted, I raved, those poor CS folks got an earful every single day, sometimes 3-4 times a day.

      So glad to have my life back :>)

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!