(Wacky Interview Series)
In case you missed the first interviews in this series, here is the deal...I read alot of author interviews and they are good, informative, and interesting but rarely tell me all that much about an author's personality. I often find myself thinking, "Well that's all good and everything but I want to know more about the real live person behind the book!"
So, I decided to conduct a "fun" interview; something that will give my readers a good laugh and be fun for the authors. You will not find serious questions covering books, publishing, writing or future plans. Instead you will get a chance to see how they react to a bunch of crazy questions and scenarios.
This time around I asked A.J. Martinez, author of Ungifted Elf -- which I spotlighted here -- if he would consider doing one of these. He said it sounded like fun! So, I sent him the 10 wacky questions, plus the 2 bonus substitutes and like those before him, he answered all 12! So here for your reading pleasure is a look inside of the mind of A.J. Martinez...
1) Which magical power would you like to have and why?
I want the power to teleport like the guy from the movie Jumper. So that I can go where ever I want.
2) What would you do if you had a time machine?
I probably wouldn’t use it honestly. I rather not know what will happen in the future and live in the present. However I might experiment and put a monkey in the time machine.
3) What was your funniest/most interesting encounter with a fan?
They knew my real name….scary
4) If you had a chance to spend some time with one mythical being, what would it be and why?
Maybe an angel. I don’t know. A being that has wings. I just want to fly
5) If aliens landed in your backyard, what is the first thing you would ask them?
I would ask them. “So yeah what with the Bermuda triangle dudes?”
6) What quirky habit do you have that often gets you teased by your peers or family?
Interesting question. I space out a lot and people always tell me that my head is always in the clouds but then again maybe that is just part of being a fantasy author.
7) What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to tell stories. I was actually writing and drawing anime characters. At first I wanted to make comic books. Then I learned about the kindle.
8) If you could be reincarnated as an animal, what would you be and why?
An eagle. Because they are the greatest birds of all.
9.) My readers want to know what you had for breakfast. Not sure why exactly...
Smash plantains with ketchup. I am Hispanic.
10) Why in the world did you consent to doing this wacky interview? I mean there is not one question here about your books, your writing or your future plans!
Maybe one of your followers will like my dorky answers who knows. Plus is a fun interview so why not.
11) Who is your favorite comedian or cartoon character and why?
Favorite comedian so far is Louie CK. Favorite cartoon character ….thats a hard one. I am hoping you are counting anime into this. I would say Naruto.
12) How would you describe your sense of humor?
Dry british humor.
Thanks AJ for consenting to do this interview!
|♥ A.J. Martinez is currently seeking reviewers for Ungifted Elf. If you are interested please contact him!|
♥ Available in Amazon Kindle and Paperback ~Kindle | Paperback
♥ You can connect with A.J. Martinez on his Facebook Page, Website, Goodreads or on Twitter
♥ Check out my Spotlight of Ungifted Elf