Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Finale ~ Week of September 26th, 2014

Mulluane | Friday, October 03, 2014 | 3 Comments so far
Been a busy few weeks for me so posting has been a bit sparse. Happens sometimes. Real life gets chaotic with one thing after another and suddenly you realize several weeks have gone by. You wind up scratching your head and wondering where they went.

Doesn't help when you hit writer's block on one of your reviews. Funny that. It is easy to gush over a review -- or rant over one -- but for a book that is just plain average, writing a review is hard.

Week wasn't a total loss though. I did get a spotlight put up. Several books for review came my way. I even came up with a couple of ideas for future content. And while I didn't have time to design a large quote. I do have a short but astute one to share with you today. The quote is by Peter S. Beagle, author of the Last Unicorn. The design, along with any flaws, is mine.


Quote by Peter S. Beagle | Design by Mulluane

Things should start go back to normal now that all of the Fall festivities and winterizing activities are completed. Keep an eye out for future posts here in the old belfry. October looks to be a busy month!

PS: Check out the Epic Fantasy Rocks! forum. It is in its infancy and could use some love to get it going. Great place to discuss the books you've read or ask questions or share news. You can even pimp your blog or post a link and a synopsis to your reviews. Several threads are set aside for just that purpose. Come check it out!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

3 comments :

  1. Real life tends to be an annoying interloper, doesn't it? (((BIG SIGH)))

    I understand what you mean about hitting a wall with a review: sometimes it happens even with books we love to pieces, because the words are all there trying to come out at the same time and you discover you're not holding a neat string of sentences but rather the same kind of huge pile up that happens on a freeway at rush hour... Usually some time on the proverbial back burner helps a great deal :-)

    And of course I look forward to your new ideas!! Unless my own dragon is stronger than my inner hero and burns me to a crisp in the meantime... LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You gave me the answer I needed to break the block. It has been on the back burner for 2 weeks. I can't afford to let it sit any longer... and now I don't have to. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. You're more than welcome! Happy to have been of help :-)

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!