Thursday, November 13, 2014

Charles de Lint | Weekly Quote 27

Mulluane | Thursday, November 13, 2014 | 2 Comments so far

“I want to be magic.

I want to touch the heart of the world

and make it smile.

I want to be a friend of elves

and live in a tree.

Or under a hill.

I want to marry a moonbeam and

hear the stars sing.

I don't want to pretend at magic anymore.

I want to be magic.”

-- Charles de Lint --

Quote about magic by Charles de Lint on background designed by Mulluane

About: This is a weekly feature here in the old belfry. The quote is Charles de Lint's. The design, along with any flaws, is mine. 

If you would like to suggest a quote (I prefer it be from a SFF author) let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do. No promises though. If a quote is too big I may not be able to reproduce it in the space available. I do promise to try though!

Usage: Non-Commercial Fair Use is permitted. The following restrictions apply: Please do not remove or mask the watermark url. Do not sell, print or claim this work as your own and when sharing, pinning, reblogging or posting, a direct link to this post is appreciated. Thanks!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

2 comments :

  1. Lovely quote, as usual and gorgeous image! I particularly love the shining moon in the upper left corner, it does possess its own kind of magic, because I can't take my eyes off it... Well done!

    Oh, and before I forget - AGAIN! grrrr... - to mention it, I absolutely LOVE the bat in your blog header! I've been meaning to tell you for quite some time, but my only surviving neuron is not cooperating lately... Ok, less than usual, that's it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definately a magical quote :>)

      I'm pretty fond of the bat myself! I created it for the theme park series and decided it needed a permanent home. Kinda wish I could have figured out how to make a girl bat but that's ok. That is Grandpa bat showing I came from a long line of old bats :>P

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!