Thursday, November 6, 2014

Robin McKinley | Weekly Quote 26

Mulluane | Thursday, November 06, 2014 | 4 Comments so far

“Cats were often familiars to workers of magic 

because to anyone used to wrestling with 

self-willed, wayward, devious magic

--which was what all magic was--

it was rather soothing to have all the same qualities wrapped

 up in a small, furry, generally attractive bundle that...might,

 if it were in a good mood, sit on your knee and purr. 

Magic never sat on anybody's knee and purred.”

-- Robin McKinley, Spindle's End --


Quote by Robin McKinley. The background cat line art is by QuincyAllain on DeviantArt. Design by Mulluane

About: This is a weekly feature here in the old belfry. The quote is Robin McKinley's. The background cat line art is by QuincyAllain. (Thank you Quincy for making this free to use!) The remainder of the design, along with any flaws, is mine. 

If you would like to suggest a quote (I prefer it be from a SFF author) let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do. No promises though. If a quote is too big I may not be able to reproduce it in the space available. I do promise to try though!

Read My Review of: The Hero and The Crown by Robin McKinley

Usage: Non-Commercial Fair Use is permitted. The following restrictions apply: Please do not remove or mask the signature or watermark url. Do not sell, print or claim this work as your own and when sharing, pinning, reblogging or posting, a direct link to this post is appreciated. Thanks!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

4 comments :

  1. {SMILE} I love that comparison. I can well believe it. {SMILE}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have 2 indoor cats and three outside farm cats that used to be feral. Note I said used to be :>P When I was searching for quotes I passed this one several times, worried about its length, but I kept going back. This one was just meant to be, lol!

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!