Thursday, January 15, 2015

JK. Rowling Quote | Weekly Quote 32

Mulluane | Thursday, January 15, 2015 | 7 Comments so far
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, 
but just as much to stand up to our friends.” 

-- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone --

JK. Rowling Quote on Background Design by @Mulluane

About: This is a weekly feature here in the old belfry. The quote is J.K. Rowling's. The design, along with any flaws, is mine. 

If you would like to suggest a quote (I prefer it be from a SFF author) let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do. No promises though. If a quote is too big I may not be able to reproduce it in the space available. I do promise to try though!

Usage: Non-Commercial Fair Use is permitted. The following restrictions apply: Please do not remove or mask the watermark url. Do not sell, print or claim this work as your own and when sharing, pinning, reblogging or posting, a direct link to this post is required. Thanks!



Mulluane is a 55-year-old proud grandmother of 4, who is passionate about her pets, blogging, traditional fantasy, and tinkering with webdesign. She is obssesively photo shy but she uses an avatar that accurately represents her dreams. ♥ You can also find her on:

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

7 comments :

  1. How true! **nods** :-)

    By the way, I tried replying in the forum to the thread about female leads, but despite being logged in, it told me access was restricted to authorized users only. Maybe it needs some tweak in the settings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about the forum. Just when I finally got it the way I think I want it, something went wrong at the source. ALL of the permissions were changed. My year trial which was up in July suddenly has only 4 days left. I fixed the permissions but there isn't much point.

      I went to tech support and learned they now charge $55 a month for "premium" support! Oh I can use free support, and did, but "free" means IF we get a chance we MIGHT answer your question and if you don't hear from us in a week, post your problem again.

      I don't have a week. So.... chances are, no more forum and no other free options for an embedded forum exist. It isn't expensive to buy more time but I'm incensed over the hidden charges.

      But that is life. Not everything you try will succeed. I'll have to come up with a new idea!

      Delete
    2. That's too bad :-(
      From where I stand it looks like they changed the rules to force you into accepting the premium support - not the best way to endear themselves to a customer, IMHO.

      As for alternate ideas.... what about a GoodReads group? I believe that most of the forum participants (if not all of them...) are already on GoodReads, and a group might gather a bigger crowd to boot, since the community there is HUGE.
      You could have discussions, polls and even promote the "giveaway with a twist" idea that I thought was nothing short of brilliant.
      What do you think?

      Delete
    3. There are alternates for sure. Just not embedded ones that would have brought folks right here and matched my theme. I just hate to lose all that work.

      I'll explore other options :>)

      Delete
    4. Losing the work (and I'm certain it was a LOT!) would be disheartening, indeed, but since the forum people seem determined to pull the rug from under your feet - unless you pay, of course! pure highwayman style! - it seems you will have to anyway... :-(

      As for bringing people to your blog, a GR group information allows for the indication of site's link (see for example the Sword and Laser http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4170-the-sword-and-laser that has its own dedicated website). I believe that you could craft a button link on your blog to the group, as well.
      Agreed, there would be no theme match, but you could get all the rest... :-)

      Delete
    5. Support didn't explain why my trial got cut short but I no longer have to pay to continue. yay!

      There will be ads in 3 days but ads never bother me. They are no different than the commercials that we watch all day on the TV :>)

      Delete
    6. Yay indeed!

      And agreed on the ads: we have learned to selectively ignore them! :-D

      Delete

I LOVE comments. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

Love Fantasy? Enjoy Quotes? Book Reviews? Interviews? Lists?
Come Join In The Fun!
Please enter your email address to have our bats deliver great new content straight into your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Thanks!